Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Empty-handed



      Empty-handed. After having spent most of the day painting,  I look at it and then I decided. No. 
This is no good. This is not me. I grabbed the paint and I put it under the tap and washed, to leave no traces of all the hours and work material that had dedicated.
     Frustrated, I wondered if I should give up painting with acrylics and whether it should devote to other mediums and art. I felt with my hands and my heart empty, unable to finish the deal with my painting. Its left me emotionally and physically exhausted. For a change, I started to question my own expectations.
    I had the wonderful idea to distract myself looking the boards from Pinteres (Harakiri). I saw wonderful and amazing techniques. What a talent people! I asked myself, and where was I? What is my contribution?
     At the end, when sadness and desepción invaded me I wonder if these artists I admire and who do those jobs so wonderful had ever felt as I have feel today.
     I think the answer is simple, certainly yes. Today more than ever I am aware that as the personal aspects of life creative states has its highs and its lows.

     Today it is room for error and failure. It makes me vulnerable and makes me learn.

     Have you ever felt you wanted to do something very badly and you are left with empty hands?
   
       
 Con las manos vacias.
     
Con las manos vacías. Después de haberle dedicado casi todo el día a una pintura, la miro y decido. No. No sirve. Esto no soy yo. Agarré la pintura la puse debajo del grifo y lave, como si fuese un plato hasta que no quedaran rastros de todas las horas y el material de trabajo que le había dedicado.
     Frustrada, me pregunte si debo desistir de pintar con acrílicos y si debería dedicarme a otro tipo médium y técnica. Me sentí con las manos y el corazon vacios, el no poder terminar de lidiar con mi pintura me dejó emocional y físicamente agotada. Para variar, empecé a cuestionarme mis propias expectativas.
     Se me ocurrio la maravillosa idea de distraerme mirando un poco los boards de Pinteres (Harakiri)  en busca de inspiracion, ví trabajos maravilloso y técnicas increibles. Cuanto talento!  Me pregunte a mi misma, y dónde quedo yo? Cual es mi aporte?
     Al final, cuando ya la tristeza y la desepción me invadian me pregunte si estos artistas que tanto admiro y que hacen esos trabajos tan maravillosos alguna vez se habrán sentido como yo me he sentido hoy.
     Creo que la respuesta es sencilla, seguro que si.  Hoy mas que nunca estoy consiente de que al igual que los aspectos personales de la vida los estados creativos tambíen tiene sus momentos altos y sus momentos bajos. 
     Hoy me doy espacio para el error, para fallar y para aprender.
    
Alguna vez te has sentido que querias hacer algo con muchas ganas y te has quedado con las manos vacias?

2 comments:

  1. Whoa Romy tu si eres valiente!
    Very brave to have rinsed a painting away. I see it as the purge of some sort of incredible anxiety and fear, and you just sent it down the drain, over and out! So what did you accomplish?
    You just won a brand new slate! Something washed and cleaned!
    A definite renewal statement of your commitment.

    Honesty with our work is very hard to achieve and you just did!
    ... te felicito! Did I make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I understood what you wanted to say, however
    let me tell you that I couldn't paint anything, all that anxiety and
    frustration made this born post.

    follower of my blog will say that this blog is super depressing, but this is the stage that I'm living and I can not change it. Find oneself is no easy task.

    ReplyDelete