Monday, October 15, 2012

My creative process.

I don't know how yours creative process is but I have a few different stages while I'm painting or creating something. 
At the beginning I'm very excited, and I can see practically the whole picture  in my head. When I start to paint I am even more exited.
 The colors, the options, the materials are very stimulating and  I think I will have fun! In the middle of the process I start to feel a little bit of frustration about how the painting is coming out. It is usually not what I imagine at the beginning and its not what I wanted to be.
 On the other hand, I feel a curiosity about how this picture will end up and I work, work and work until the final product makes me happy. When the painting is ready I feel a kind of emptiness. The picture is ready... sometimes it makes me happy and  sometime not to much. 

Maybe I have a lot to learn about creative process but I just discovered that 
what I really like the most is precisely that,the process.

Work in process.
  What about you? How do you drive you creative process?

4 comments:

  1. Very fun to read about your process, Romy. Thanks for sharing! I'm similar: I see the finished piece in my head and then set about bringing it into form. Unlike you, though, the process for me is just what I have to go through to get to the end - it's always satisfying to see the finished piece looking just like (or almomst like) I saw it in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have described the creative process perfectly. It's exactly like that, like giving birth. It's exciting, it's scary, it's unknown and unexpected. It requires trust, a lot of trust and you carry it through. And then it's done, you are drained and you feel empty.

    It's important to live with your art, to see it and to hear it. Inspiration will resurface, and the more you trust, the more inspiration. Both are connected and they are both wonderful.

    Inspiration & Trust will create your Art.

    Me inspiré. Como me encantó leer tu analisis... bellisimo! Estoy muy contenta de conocerte y compartir este vuelo contigo. Saludos y cariños.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed you blog and the look inside how you create. I like what Lisa said about living with your art. it looks like you are finding your inspiration...hope to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your explanation of your process emotionally. Wishing you happiness :)

    ReplyDelete